Simon Says supports children and young people up to the age of 18 from Hampshire who have been bereaved of a significant person in their lives.
AIMS & MISSION
At Simon Says, we know that the death of someone important can have a devastating effect on a child or young person.
Given appropriate support and information, children and young people can be supported to understand what has happened and move forward to rebuilding their lives.
Whether the death was sudden, or expected, we work closely in practical and creative ways with children and young people to create an atmosphere in which grief can be shared and normalised.
When children lose someone close to them they may feel angry, guilty, frightened and alone. It can be very difficult for a parent, carer, close relative or friend to help a bereaved child when they are grieving too. ‘Simon Says’ aims to:
• Support Hampshire children and young people up to the age of 18 years who has a significant person in their life who has died or is dying
• Offer information and advice to move forward in their lives, but never to forget their significant person
• Run a telephone support line
• Host monthly age appropriate support groups
• Offer the opportunity to meet other families who have also been bereaved
• Support and give advice and training to teachers, and other professionals working with bereaved children and young people
Simon Says aims to:
- To ensure that the carer of any bereaved child or young person in Hampshire is aware of Simon Says, the services it provides, and how to access support if needed.
Established: March 2001
Registered Charity Number: 1088746
Board members: 7
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 08453 055 744
Address: Suite 3, Chatmohr Estate Offiice Village, Crawley Hill, West Wellow, Hampshire SO51 6APView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website