We believe in levelling the playing field for young people age 13-21 who often miss out on opportunities due to the backgrounds and social situation they are born into. We work in South London with over 500 young people each year in small groups and 1:1. We work in the community and schools offering them opportunities to engage in a range of projects including sports, creative arts, summer schemes, residentials and mentoring.
We run a wide variety of projects which provide a platform to engage with young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and to provide support to make positive choices. These activities include:
- Leadership opportunities to empower young people to be positive leaders and role models in their community and to prepare them to change to the narrative by accessing great employment opportunities
- A weekly football academy which focuses on providing transferable skills, by developing young people as leaders on and off the pitch. This works with over 150 young people weekly.
- Stages a girls theatre group which focuses on wellbeing and giving a voice to unrepresented groups.
- Mentor Me - a mentoring scheme for young people seeking 1:1 support from a trained mentor
- Summer Blitz - a summer scheme for 120 young people which incorporates a wide range of sport, arts and positive activities
- A residential camp for 160 young people each year.
Reaching Higher aims to:
- 1 The Prevention and Relief of Poverty
- The Advancement of Education
- The Advancement of Citizenship by offering children and young people learning and other opportunities to develop as responsible citizens and member of their communities
- The Relief of those in Need by Reason of youth, social or economic disadvantage.
Established: May 2010
Registered Charity Number: 1137915
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 5
Phone number: 02089455560
Address: South Norwood Methodist Church, Suffolk Road SE25 6EGView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Summer BlitzSummer Blitz is an amazing 4 week summer programme for 150 young people aged 12-16 from di... More
Kick Forward: Mentoring through FootballA mentoring scheme for young people growing up in South London who are aged 11-18 and come... More
Residential Empowerment WeekAn exciting and fun 5 day residential project over the Easter Holiday to enable young peop... More
The Outlet - Mentoring through the ArtsWe offer young people from disadvantaged backgrounds the opportunity to access few perform... More