We provide young people from disadvantaged backgrounds in South London with the opportunity to engage in a range projects including sports, creative arts, summer schemes, residentials and mentoring.
Reaching Higher offers a wide range of opportunities to young people in South London. We strive to positively engage them and encourage them to become leaders of their own lives. We run a wide variety of projects which provide a platform to engage with young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and to provide support to make positive choices. These activities include:
- A weekly football academy for 60 teenage boys with an U16 and U18 football team
- weekly Creative Arts clubs in dance, drama, music
- Mentor Me - a mentoring scheme for young people seeking 1:1 support from a trained mentor
- Summer Blitz - a summer scheme for 120 young people which incorporates a wide range of sport, arts and positive activities
- Brotherhood and destined group mentoring sessions for boys and girls to explore personal identity and create positive support networks
- PSHE seminars and sessions in schools equipping young people on topics such as conflict, managing money and cyber bullying
- Leaders in Training - a programme to develop older teens to become future leaders given them accreditation in volunteering and the skills and opportunity to inspire the next generation
- Global View - a project which encourages young people to take a broader perspective of life and gain opportunities to impact the world around them.
We work particularly although not exclusively with young people in poverty, at risk of exclusion and those who are looked after in the care system.
Reaching Higher aims to:
- 1 The Prevention and Relief of Poverty
- The Advancement of Education
- The Advancement of Citizenship by offering children and young people learning and other opportunities to develop as responsible citizens and member of their communities
- The Relief of those in Need by Reason of youth, social or economic disadvantage.
Established: May 2010
Registered Charity Number: 1137915
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 3
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 0208 9455560
Address: 38 Caberfeigh Close Redhill Surrey RH1 6BFView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Residential Empowerment WeekAn exciting and fun 5 day residential project over the Easter Holiday to enable young peop... More
Summer BlitzSummer Blitz is an amazing 4 week summer programme for 150 young people aged 12-16 from di... More
The Outlet - Mentoring through the ArtsWe offer young people from disadvantaged backgrounds the opportunity to access few perform... More