Works For Us
Works For Us
We provide 1-2-1 advice, guidance & information. Free Job Search, Confidence Building & Interview Skills training. Activity groups for women to increase wellbeing & develop a sense of community
Founded in Milton Keynes in 1978 we deliver:
- 1-2-1 advice, guidance and information for those who need free confidential support (we are Matrix accredited)
- Free training: from Basic IT and Job Search to Confidence Building and Interview Skills.
- A credible assessment of people’s strengths, producing a report for clients to keep
- Activity groups for women to increase wellbeing & develop a sense of community (Women without Boundaries) and to build their confidence to enable them to make the first steps into work,
- A supportive, informal networking group for those who have, or would like to start, a small/micro business,
- A Job Search group.
We can work with groups of young people to develop practical skills and experience and also develop soft skills, such as negotiation and team work, which will enhance their chances in the job market.
Further to our part in the NIACE Mid-life Career Review research project, where we worked with people to establish what support they needed to help them return to work, plan for a longer working life than originally anticipated and how they want to approach eventual retirement. We are now taking our learning, and the learning from the other organisations involved in the research, forward to help this older group.
Works For Us aims to:
- The relief of unemployment for the benefit of the public in such ways as may be thought fir, including assistance to find employment
- To act as a resource for young people up to age 18 living in England by providing advice & assistance and organising programmes of educational and other activities as a means of relieving unemployment
Established: July 1978
Registered Charity Number: 1010038
Board members: 6
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 4
Phone number: 01908 200186
Address: MK Central, Station Square 500 Elder Gate MK9 1BBView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website