NOAH works with 1,200 people a year struggling against homelessness, addiction and exclusion. We run a Welfare Centre, Outreach Team, Social Enterprise and the NOAH Academy training centre.
NOAH Enterprise is a charity that seeks, out of Christian conviction, to help the most disadvantaged in the local community. Particularly, it is concerned with providing a practical, empowering and caring service to homeless people especially those who are either temporary or entrenched rough sleepers, those who are marginalised and socially excluded, or those who have simply fallen into poverty.
We will do this through
• our welfare service by providing food, clothing, medical and dental care, outreach support and specific advice on accessing accommodation and income support
• providing the opportunity for the people we support and others who are long term unemployed to gain work experience
• running training courses in basic, life and vocational skills, English as a second language, and employment preparation
In doing all of this we recognise and respect the fundamental dignity and worth of every individual, and wish to support them in improving their life quality.
NOAH Enterprise aims to:
- To provide food, clothing, medical and dental care, outreach support and specific advice on accessing accommodation and income support to people who are homeless and disadvantaged in our community.
- To help people build up confidence and self esteem with the aim of helping them into employment by providing the opportunity to gain work experience in the Social Enterprise.
- To help people learn new skills and paid employment by running training courses in basic, life and vocational skills, English as a second language, and employment preparation.
Established: April 1987
Registered Charity Number: 1059672
Board members: 9
Full time staff: 27
Part time staff: 12
Phone number: 01582 728416
Address: 141 Park Street Luton LU1 3HGView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website