Age UK Newcastle Upon Tyne
Age UK Newcastle Upon Tyne
Age UK Newcastle (formerly Age Concern Newcastle) is an independent, local charity with our own board of Trustees who have been working with and for older people in the city since 1965.
About Age UK Newcastle
Our Vision is “To live in a society in which all older people
are respected, valued and able to live the life they
Our Mission is “To work with and for older people in Newcastle
upon Tyne, adding life to years as well as years to
• Inclusive - listening and responding to older people, their
families and carers - “nothing about us without all of us”.
• Person centred – putting older people, their families and carers
at the heart of what we do.
• Responsive – to older people’s needs and views.
• Respectful – treat others as they would want to be treated.
• Challenging - towards discrimination, stigma and stereotyping
associated with older people.
• Positive – celebrating the diversity of older age and the
contribution older people make.
• Innovative – delivering first class services and support and
making a real difference.
To achieve our Vision, Mission and Values and become a customer
driven, people centred organisation we will:
• ensure that the organisation demonstrates excellent practice
through good governance and strong person-centred leadership
• ensure services are efficient, customer focussed and ultimately
• explore a diverse range of efficiencies including shared services
and collaboration with a range of partners including the Age UK
• ensure excellence in our service delivery
• develop our brand and ensure it is an integral aspect of all of
Age UK Newcastle Upon Tyne aims to:
- Involving “We will ensure that we involve and engage with older people, their families and carers, our staff, volunteers and other stakeholders in service and organisational development.”
- Innovating “We will review, transform and develop a range of services and support that meets the needs of our current and prospective customers.”
- Influencing and Campaigning “We will campaign and lobby for change and improvement in the lives of older people.”
- Growing “We will aim to win new business and generate surpluses and unrestricted income to enable reinvestment in supporting more older people.”
- Sustaining “We will further develop a diverse range of funding streams to ensure sustainability and reduced reliance on grants.”
Established: June 1965
Registered Charity Number: 1041000
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 20
Part time staff: 166
Phone number: 07812381656
Address: 5th Floor Hadrian House, Higham Place, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 8AFView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Buddy Up - Age Uk Newcastle Befriending ServiceAt Age UK Newcastle we try to combat loneliness in later life in a number of ways, our ‘... More