Park Theatre is a charity and arts venue based in Finsbury Park. Since opening in May 2013 with two auditoria, a café bar, workshop and rehearsal facilities, we have tangibly enriched the cultural offering in the local area. We’ve welcomed almost half a million visitors, presented over 125 productions, implemented an award-winning accessible theatre programme and developed a creative learning programme that offers a range of opportunities for all ages and economic backgrounds.
Park Theatre is a neighbourhood theatre with a global ambition. In our two intimate and flexible performance spaces, we present world class theatre, collaborating with the finest existing and emerging talent. We programme classics through to new writing, distinguished by strong narrative drive and powerful emotional content. We produce both in-house and in partnership with the most excellent existing and emerging producers, for whom we endeavour to provide an unparalleled level of support.
With a welcoming and nurturing environment we want Park Theatre to be accessible to everyone, within our diverse community and beyond – and through affordable ticket pricing and outreach programmes we aim to engage those with little or no experience of theatre.
We aim to be a beacon for all and an ambassador for theatre worldwide.
Park Theatre is committed to creating a working environment that reflects the broad diversity of our local community. We aim to foster a productive and supportive workplace that provides equal opportunities for all employees both on our stages and behind the scenes.
Park Theatre receives no public subsidy from Arts Council or regular institutional funding. We must raise over £300,000 a year through individual giving, special events and support from grant-giving bodies in order to keep the doors open.
Park Theatre aims to:
- To be warm and welcoming space in which to work, create and visit.
- To work with writers, directors and designers of the highest quality to present compelling, exciting and beautifully told stories across our two intimate spaces.
- To offer support and opportunities to the next generation of artists and producers to learn their trade within a professional theatre-making environment
- To widen both the number and the range of local people who participate in theatre, creating opportunities to engage those who may have had little or no contact with the arts before.
- To be as inclusive as possible by offering a range of affordable tickets, creative learning scholarships and accessible performances.
Established: August 2010
Registered Charity Number: 1137223
Board members: 11
Full time staff: 14
Part time staff: 4
Phone number: 020 7167 6632
Address: Clifton Terrace Finsbury Park N4 3JPView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Park Theatre: Annual FundPark Theatre is a warm and inclusive venue providing accessible cultural engagement for ev... More