Big Hearts Foundation
Big Hearts Foundation
Leading animal welfare organization in Russia / former soviet countries. We fund neutering programs, advice the government on welfare law, fight cruelty and abuse, help people to start shelters
Most of Russia, Ukraine, Caucasus face the problem of stray animals, abuse and cruelty. The lack of legal framework and an animal welfare system is the reason why millions of them are suffering every single day.
Big Hearts Foundation is the largest most widespread organization in former Soviet Union. The fund improves the plight by making neutering affordable, neutering homeless and shelter animals, advocating and advising federal and regional governments on animal welfare law, prosecuting cruelty, helping people to start and run shelters. Big Hearts Foundation also aims to expand its humane education classes across Russia.
If you want to increase animal welfare, stop abuse, create and maintain effective shelters in Russia - please get in touch. If you make a donation - you can decide towards which project it will be attributed. By helping animals we are helping people: education, medical care for injured and abused animals, social ads, neuter- and spay programs, dialogue with the government.
We are 100% non-profit and have the most transparent accounting. Your support goes towards efficient reduction of animal suffering. It is such a massive area in the world with very few effective animal welfare organizations.
Big Hearts Foundation aims to:
- Neuter 30000 animals per year in Russia (currently around 3000). Expand current programs to new cities= stop the container of unwanted kittens and puppies dying slowly in taped up boxes and trash cans
- Complete 9 series of animal welfare cartoon ( guaranteed to be played on several Russian channels). Currently 1 episode done. With its non pushy manner the cartoon encourages kindness towards animals
- Get various animal welfare laws passed in Duma: 1) anti cruelty law / punishment 2) stray control and treatment 3) return of ketamine in veterinary- it is outlawed now, making neutering too expensive
- Launch compassionate education programs in various schools across Russia, including orphanages visiting shelters.
- Teach and advice as many shelters and volunteers possible on 1) negotiation with local gov 2) raising funds for themselves 3) effective animal care and re-homing 4) legal advice / cruelty prosecution
Established: September 2011
Registered Charity Number: 1145269
Board members: 3
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 07966066814
Address: 233 Goldhurst terrace NW6 3EPView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website