We provide volunteer based practical and emotional support to families with young children living in the Borough of Barnet and Harrow who are experiencing difficulties. As part of our holistic approach to parenting, we also run family groups, play therapy for children who have experienced DV, parenting programmes, money smart to educate the whole family on making informed financial decisions and organise trips and outings to ensure children living in poverty do not miss out on fun experiences.
Home-Start Barnet’s mission is to support vulnerable families living in the Borough of Barnet who are experiencing difficulties. We believe that every parent should have the support they need in order to give their children a happy, safe family life. We provide this through our specially trained volunteers who offer a combination of time, practical support and friendship.
Home-Start Barnet aims to:
- Deliver a service that is flexible and responsive to the needs of vulnerable families
- Provide a1 to 1 home visiting service to families in their own homes through a team of trained and supported parent volunteers
- Provide opportunities for parents and children to attend family learning, support groups, money smart and parenting programmes.
- Provide opportunities for families to enjoy days out and trips together especially at potentially stressful times such as school holidays
- Additionally work with families with older children who will benefit from our services
Established: October 1997
Registered Charity Number: 1109550
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 6
Part time staff: 8
Phone number: 020 8371 0674
Address: Avenue HouseEast End RoadLondon N3 3QEView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Home-Start Barnet Family Outings & Healthy Eating
Home-Start Barnet Family Outings
Money SmartA Money Smart coordinator will support low income local families to take control of their ... More