SMart Network was established in September 2000. The charity is dedicated to empowering homeless and socially excluded people through the arts to help them find pathways to social inclusion.
Empowerment, Self-development and Inclusion through Art
SMart has very clear and focused objectives:
• To be the principal agent for the marketing of the work of homeless and socially excluded people working in a professional manner.
• To be an effective means of publicising the social issues raised by homelessness and socially marginalised people, in order to increase public awareness.
• To be an influential pressure group, capable of bringing significant pressure to bear on government and industry, and the community at large.
• To spread SMart philosophy and inspire to create new projects and support and help to develop existing ones.
• To contribute to get rid of the negative stigmas of homeless, jobless or mentally ill people carry as their ID, to help them to regain their real identity as people.
Our experience has shown us that people’s needs are more than shelter, food, and financial assistance. When people’s lives lack social structure, constructive activities and active participation in the community they are at risk of losing their home, becoming alcohol and/or drug abusers, or developing mental health problems. Therefore it is essential to engage them in constructive activities on a regular basis to provide them with a sense of belonging in their community.
Smart Network aims to:
- Facilitating the self-development of the socially marginalised. SMart takes people from a state of financial reliance on social services and the community to one of self-dependence.
Established: September 2000
Registered Charity Number: 1085852
Board members: 3
Phone number: 07707950367
Address: PO Box 64198 London United Kingdom WC1A 9FLView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
SMart Fundraising Art Walk - 29th of June 2014To secure funding for permanent premises. In order to do it, we organize a healthy and enj... More