We are a UK-based Child Centred Community Development organisation, dedicated to improving conditions for disadvantaged, marginalised and vulnerable children and their communities, in Western Nepal.
We believe that widespread discrimination, based on gender, caste and other forms of marginalisation, exacerbates and sustains endemic poverty and social inequity in Nepal. Our vision is a world where all children have equality of opportunity and are empowered to fulfil their potential.
We work to create the foundations for long term, equitable, economic growth by providing protection from harm and abuse, access to basic human rights and supporting the development of marginalised and disadvantaged children, reducing the impact of discrimination and social injustice and improving their wellbeing and future prospects.
What Do We Do?
Through local partnerships, we deliver basic rights such as access to healthcare and education, as well as the protection and support fundamental to successful child development.
Who Do We Help?
We focus on those who are at greatest disadvantage or who are beyond the reach of existing services and support:
• Children and mothers living in isolated rural communities
• Children and mothers in urban slums
• Street and working children
• Child victims of sexual abuse and exploitation
Kidasha aims to:
- To eradicate poverty, discrimination and their causes for current and future generations of children in Western Nepal.
- To ensure all children are raised healthily in a secure and nurturing family environment and encouraged to progress into full time primary education.
- To ensure that communities in Western Nepal understand the importance of health, safety, security and education in child development and are enabled to provide this.
- To ensure that all children and young people are protected from harm and abuse and supported to complete full-time education and develop their skills.
- That all children and young people are supported to fulfil their potential, by preventing the breakdown of families and enabling the reintegration and rehabilitation of those who have become excluded
Established: January 1997
Registered Charity Number: 1106156
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 11
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 442070178989
Address: 14a Iliffe Yard SE17 3QAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Safeguarding young lives after Nepal earthquakeHelping some of the poorest and most vulnerable children and young earthquake victims to ... More