Ryan Lee Trust
Ryan Lee Trust
We're a unique charity that strives to improve the lives of children & teenagers with Brain / Spinal tumours & other cancers by supplying equipment not normally provided by the statutory authorities
Ryan Lee Trust provides support to children and teenagers diagnosed with Brain Tumours, whilst also meeting the needs of their families. Their health and well being is central to the work of the charity and is designed to meet an unmet need that is not normally provided by the statutory authorities. Treatment often goes on to cause short/long term side effects or disabilities, others tragically become terminally ill with their life expectancy limited.
We understand that caring for a child / teenager with a brain / spinal tumour or other cancer can be distressing and often very challenging. The equipment and aids we provide are designed to help stimulate an improved sensory response, aid mobility and provide additional comfort.
We provide accessories such as poncho's for wheelchairs, foot cosy's, sun and rain covers for both wheelchairs and buggies.
We provide feeding aids for example special cutlery and plates; also, specially designed vests to facilitate tube feeding.
The provision of visual, auditory and tactile sensory equipment is proving to be a great asset in developing and enhancing communication skills.
The accessories that we provide are tailored to the individual needs and circumstances of the referred child and family.
The products range from just a few pounds to hundreds of pounds.
The boxes we provide are around £300 per child/teenager.
There are other items we can provide.
Other equipment can cost several thousand pounds.
Ryan Lee Trust aims to:
- Our aim is to enable children/teenagers to spend as much time as possible during their illness at home with their family, friends and loved ones around them rather than in a hospital environment.
- The charity has been developed and heavily influenced by our own experience. It is designed to meet an unmet need that is not normally provided by the statutory authorities.
- We provide support to children and teenagers diagnosed with Brain Tumours and other cancers, whilst also meeting the needs of their families.
- Their health and well being is central to the work of the charity. Treatment often goes on to cause short/long term side effects or disabilities, others tragically become terminally ill with their life expectancy limited.
- We compliment and work alongside other agencies, Identifying gaps in service provision, providing aids not normally provided by the statutory authorities. It’s important to establish and maintain links with other children’s cancer charities as we aim to improve knowledge of the disease and its impact on the everyday life of the child and their immediate family regardless of nationality or social class.
Established: June 2011
Registered Charity Number: 1142531
Board members: 5
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 01159382936
Address: 31 Sedley Avenue Nuthall Nottingham Nottinghamshire NG16 1ENView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website