The Circus Project
The Circus Project
The Circus Project specializes in aerial circus, static trapeze, silks and rope and works with the local community by running classes and workshops, and carrying out work in contemporary circus.
The Circus Project is an award-winning charity. Founded in 1999, and becoming a charity in 2004 the Brighton based Circus Project specializes in aerial circus, static trapeze, silks and rope, and has developed, becoming firmly established in its sector with experience devising theatre, creative writing, choreography and creating characters and stories using circus, theatre, dance and more recently, animation, film and multimedia. The Circus Project attracts a range of people from the community, from young individuals to professional circus companies, artists and aerialists. We do this by running classes and workshops, encouraging and supporting new ideas and work in contemporary circus to produce shows and cabarets working with theatre companies to showcase the talents of our students.
The Circus Project are a vital resource both in the local community and in the sector nationally. Our work has caused contemporary circus practise to evolve and develop. The charity has nurtured young and emerging talent, raised standards and increased skill. Through circus, many lives have been enriched and changed. We have motivated others and see a healthy exploration of ideas and new directions in contemporary circus.
The Circus Project aims to:
- TRIGGER NEW IDEAS & MAKE WORK: Generate new perspectives and new ideas in contemporary circus and make work which inspires, delights the heart, and challenges the idea of what circus can be.
- TEACH PEOPLE: Provide high quality circus arts classes and workshops suitable for all ages and all abilities.
- FOSTER YOUNG TALENT: Nurture young talent and help young people who wish to peruse a career in the circus world.
- CHANGE LIVES: Exploit the use of circus as a tool for helping people who are having a difficult time in their lives.
- DEVELOP CIRCUS: Be instrumental and truly active in developing contemporary circus regionally and nationally.
Established: April 2004
Registered Charity Number: 1107838
Board members: 4
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 01273739106
Address: Hangleton Community Centre Harmsworth Crescent Hove BN3 8BWView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website