We provide exciting activities and days out for children and young adults with disabilities in the Nottingham area. Our events provide respite care and support participants' transition to adulthood.
Phab Nottingham aims to promote and encourage opportunities for physically and mentally disabled (our members) and non-disabled people (our volunteers) to share experiences on a genuinely equal basis, thereby contributing towards a fully inclusive society.
Phab Nottingham aims to:
- Provide respite to the parents/carers of disabled children and young adults (aged 13 – 18)
- Give our members opportunities to have experiences that they may not otherwise have the chance to do (whether that be for financial, logistical or other reasons)
- Provide our members with care and companionship via 1:1 support from a trained volunteer
- Support members' transition to adulthood by focussing on their abilities and helping them to fulfil their potential, whilst supporting them with those things that they may be less able to do
- Increase awareness of disabilities and equip able-bodied individuals with the knowledge and skills to support those who suffer from them
Established: September 2011
Registered Charity Number: 1153383
Board members: 5
Part time staff: 13
Phone number: 01158 967 467
Address: 82 High Road Byfleet West Byfleet Surrey KT14 7QWView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Residential trip for disabled young adults.Building on the success of our day trips over the last few years, Phab Nottingham would li... More