Dwelling Places UK
Dwelling Places UK
Dwelling Places UK seek to alievate poverty & suffering amongst street children by raising awareness of, and funds for, Dwelling Places in Uganda & by encouraging volunteers to serve in UK & Uganda.
Dwelling Places UK supports Dwelling Places in Uganda, a Christian, non-governmental organisation dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of street children, abandoned babies and high-risk slum families. Through holistic care, these children are relocated into safe, loving homes back in society. The mission is two-fold, to rescue, rehabilitate and reconcile street children with their families, and to speak out for children at risk - informing, motivating and equipping local families and communities to promote positive change in the Ugandan society
Dwelling Places UK aims to support this work by:
• being a financial resource to the objectives of Dwelling Places
• raising awareness of the desperate challenges that street children in Uganda face
• encouraging and equipping volunteers from the UK to assist the project in Uganda and the charity here in the UK
'Until every child has a chest to rest his head on and a place to call him. ’
Dwelling Places UK aims to:
- be a financial resource to the objectives of Dwelling Places (rescuing, reconciling, rehabilitating and restoring street children in Uganda), primarily through Child Sponsorship and fundraising.
- raise awareness in the UK of the desperate challenges that street children in Uganda face, through advocacy talks, events and equipping volunteers.
- encourage and equip volunteers from the UK to assist the project in Uganda and the charity here in the UK. In this way we can make use of others skills and gifts to complement and enhance the work
Established: April 2008
Board members: 7
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 0141 882 2662
Address: c/o The ARK Card & Gift Shop 1484 Paisley Road West Glasgow G52 1SPView charity accounts on the Scottish Charity Commission website