Minstead Trust supports adults with learning disabilities through providing education and training to help people lead more independent lives.
The charity's objects are:-
(1) to support people with a disability, or otherwise excluded by their social or economic circumstances and members of their family and their carers by means of providing services, facilities, campaigning and support to enable them to lead more independent and fulfilling lives and become fully integrated in society.
(2) to preserve, maintain and develop the historic gardens and buildings particularly at Furzey Gardens, Minstead for the enjoyment and benefit of horticultural groups and the general public and in particular people who are otherwise excluded by their social or economic circumstances.
(3) to provide facilities for the better carrying out of the objects herein referred to without prejudice to the generality of this Object to provide library, workshop, research, employment, training, recreational, spiritual and other residential and non-residential facilities as may be necessary to promote such Objects.
Minstead Trust believes that people with learning disabilities can lead more independent and meaningful lives and live as full citizens in our society.
We specifically provide rare provision of:-
Day Service activities including work based training in horticulture, animal care and woodwork, independent living skills, social skills, arts, sport, health and wellbeing.
Supported Living in the Community.
Residential Care for more complex needs.
Friendship and Advice drop-ins
Services tailored to the pace and ability of each person.
Minstead Trust aims to:
- To enhance people's quality of life by developing their maturity, self-respect, independence and giving them opportunities to develop new skills and meet new challenges in all areas of their life
- To provide a transitional learning environment concerned with the development of the whole person.
- To enhance quality of life by providing a safe, comfortable and challenging living and learning environment to help maximise their potential physical, intellectual, emotional and social capacity.
Established: January 1986
Registered Charity Number: 1053319
Board members: 9
Full time staff: 45
Part time staff: 53
Phone number: 02380812297
Address: Minstead Trust Minstead Lodge Nr Lyndhurst Hampshire SO43 7FTView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website