Founded in 1739, Coram is the UK’s first children’s charity. For approaching 275 years, Coram has been helping to transform the lives of some of the most vulnerable children in our local communities.
Coram's services achieve the following outcomes:
• We help children to feel safe, loved and protected from harm
• We help children to lead healthier lives
• We support children’s education and learning so that they can succeed now, and in the future
• We protect the legal rights of children when these are in danger of being ignored
• We strengthen families to help children thrive
Coram aims to:
- Coram Children's Legal Centre provides free legal information, advice and representation to children, their families and carers, as well as international consultancy on child law and children’s rights
- Coram Creative Therapy helps children across London with speech, language or communication problems who have been left isolated from the world around them, caused by the trauma, neglect or loss they
- Coram Supported Housing helps care leavers transitions towards independence by building their skills and giving them access to education, employment or training.
- Coram Life Education is the UK’s largest children’s health education programme. Reaching 800,000 children in 3500 schools . We help them to develop the skills they need to lead safer healthier lives.
- Coram Adoption is the UK’s largest and most-successful adoption service. We give vulnerable children the chance of a safe, stable, and permanent loving home, transforming their lives and potential.
Established: March 1739
Registered Charity Number: 312278
Board members: 16
Full time staff: 120
Part time staff: 55
Phone number: 020 7520 0339
Address: 41 Brunswick Square WC1N 1AZView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website