We are building a portfolio of innovative new specialist education services, to add value to the existing SEN support for Jewish pupils and schools, focusing support where it is most needed.
To address the needs of, and achieve the best possible outcomes for, Jewish children in Greater Manchester with special educational needs (SEN) arising from social and communication difficulties, by providing high quality, value adding specialist education services.
JSENSE aims to:
- Developing the skills of the workforce in Jewish schools - with purpose designed, culturally appropriate and accredited training in awareness and handling of SEN.
- Supporting, with practical assistance, the growth of high quality direct specialist SEN teaching support for Jewish schools.
- Assistance to enable small independent Jewish schools to have access to a SENCO.
- Facilitating Jewish Studies teaching provision for special needs children in non-Jewish Schools (special and mainstream) based on research into parental views.
- Practical help to improve the recruitment and retention of a more professional genre of SEN Teaching Support Assistants.
Established: March 2013
Registered Charity Number: 1151197
Board members: 9
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 0161 850 3330
Address: 9 Leicester Avenue Salford M7 4HAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website