MedEquip4Kids improves the health of children and babies by providing equipment not available from limited NHS resources. We believe every child should have access to the best care.
MedEquip4Kids improves the health of children and babies by providing equipment not available from limited NHS resources. We believe every child should have access to the best medical care when they need it most.
Since 1985, MedEquip4Kids has raised over £12 million to fund equipment and facilities to care for around 80,000 children each year in hospitals across Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Cumbria, Lancashire and Yorkshire.
We help babies like Buddy, who was born 12 weeks early weighing just 2lbs 9oz. The tiny baby’s life depended on 24-hour care in an incubator. Thanks to MedEquip4Kids, the neonatal unit in Oldham Royal Hospital was fully equipped to give him this intensive care. Today he is a happy, healthy little boy.
The equipment we fund includes:
• Lifesaving paediatric medical equipment, e. G. Defibrillators, scanners and monitors to ensure children’s units are fully equipped to deliver outstanding care
• Facilities to improve children’s experience of hospital treatment, e. G. Multisensory rooms, play equipment, toys and more child-friendly waiting areas
• Incubators and ventilators for neonatal units to care for premature babies
• Toilet training tools to help disabled children overcome problems with continence
• Mobility aids like walking frames to give disabled children more independence.
MedEquip4Kids aims to:
- To improve the health of children and babies
Established: June 1985
Registered Charity Number: 1102830
Board members: 9
Full time staff: 3
Part time staff: 6
Phone number: 0161 798 1600
Address: Rico House George Street Prestwich Manchester M25 9WSView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
A new sensory and therapy garden for sick childrenWe are working with Stepping Hill Hospital in Stockport, Greater Manchester, to provide pl... More