Child Of Hope
Child Of Hope
Child of Hope is a Christian charity producing huge social impact for slum children and their families in Eastern Uganda through free education, healthcare, food and welfare. We have built and run our own large school in the Namatala slum to provide all this and more for the poorest and most vulnerable children and their families.
To provide education to around 500 of the most vulnerable children between the ages of 3 to 11 years living in Namatala.
To make a positive contribution and impact in building a sound, sober, healthy and empowered generation.
• To provide free education to needy and under-served children.
• To build a nursery and primary school as a centre of excellence for needy children.
• Advocate child and women rights.
• To provide free meals for needy children.
• To establish free healthcare services that takes care of both the ill and healthy needy children.
• To combat the spread of disease amongst the children.
• To contribute to the reduction of moral decadency and psychological illnesses among children by providing community services such as guidance and counselling.
• To promote life skills amongst the parents and the children.
• To empower disadvantaged groups such as the women and the youth.
• To help families financially prosper and rise up out of extreme poverty
Child Of Hope aims to:
- EDUCATION: Provide free education to the poorest and most vulnerable children in the Namatala slum of Eastern Uganda.
- HEALTHCARE: Our nurse and staff combat malaria and other diseases as they present in our pupils. Plus healthcare education to pupils and their mums... and more.
- NUTRITION: All the children at our nursery school are provided with a breakfast. We also provide a cooked meal at lunch time to all of the children that we are supporting at Primary School.
- SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC: Regular home visits on all our children. Business training to their parents with start-up grants and mentoring.
- SPIRITUAL: We provide the children at school with spiritual nourishment, through telling them of God's love for them, encouragement, nurture, worship and daily prayer.
Established: November 2009
Registered Charity Number: 1136068
Board members: 7
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 01202 697201
Address: 35 Roman Rd Broadstone Dorset BH18 9DGView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website