Street Hope works with disadvantaged young people in the UK and street children in Kenya.
Street Hope works with disadvantaged young people in the UK and street children in Kenya. By bringing these two cultures together, we create a mutually beneficial partnership that transforms lives.
In Kenya, street children are given a safe home to escape extreme poverty and reach their potential. Despite Kenya being one of Africa's most developed countries, there is a growing gap between rich and poor; about 46% of the population live on less then £1 a day. Behind the statistics and figures are individual children; children with names and feelings, likes and dislikes, hopes and dreams. We may not be able to help them all but we can make a difference to some.
Individuals visiting from the UK are encouraged and inspired. This exchange has contributed to a decline in crime rates as young people are reintegrated into training and employment opportunities. These youth have the opportunity to experience the poverty faced by street kids in Kenya and to 'give something back' by working in the orphanage. Their views are challenged, attitudes changed, and for many this transforms their behaviour and outlook back home. This unique programme has a lasting effect on these young people by enabling them to see beyond their local culture here in the UK and to appreciate the many opportunities they have.
Street Hope aims to:
- To work with disadvantaged young people in the UK and street children in Kenya
- To see young people in the UK become role models within their own communities
- To see young people in the UK in education, employment or training
- To provide street children in Kenya a safe home to escape extreme poverty and reach their potential.
- To bring two cultures together to create a mutually beneficial partnership that transforms lives.
Established: November 2010
Registered Charity Number: 1139930
Board members: 4
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 08435153830
Address: Blaegrove House, Blaegrove Lane, Up Nately, Hook, Hampshire RG27 9PDView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website