Remake Scotland is a creative reuse organisation, aiming to divert potential landfill and encourage grassroots creativity. We operate a Community Scrapstore and Make & Mend classes.
To divert clean and non-toxic and business and some household waste from landfill by:
Operating a community scrapstore
Demonstrating and developing creative reuse, revamp and recycle projects
Providing children and adults of all ages with the tool skills to reuse materials
To improve the economic situation of all users by:
Providing and developing practical skills across all ages
Providing guidance on income generation upcycling projects
Encouraging repair and reuse of household objects and furniture
To improve social inclusion across generations by:
Encouraging children and young adults to learn from skilled older & retired trades and crafts people
Providing a local and cost effective space for all ages and groups
Encouraging creative collaboration despite background, age or class
Remake Scotland aims to:
- promoting sustainable use of material goods and resources through repair, reuse, reclamation, recycling, use of recycled products and use of surplus and leftover materials .
- The advancement of the environmental protection and improvement by reducing the carbon emissions linked to production and consumption by encouraging reuse and reduction of consumption.
- The advancement of education of the public about all aspects of waste generation, waste management, repair, reuse and recycling
- supporting skills sharing, development and training and working in partnership to develop repair and reuse services
- The advancement of education and opportunities through the promotion of reuse and repair
Established: May 2011
Board members: 7
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 01764 655 733
Address: Unit 2, Crieff Visitor Centre, Muthill Road, Crieff PH7 4HQView charity accounts on the Scottish Charity Commission website