We are a leading UK participatory theatre company.
Our work exists to engage those least involved in arts and cultural activity. We produce multi-sensory, accessible and inclusive touring theatre and outreach arts activities locally and nationally.
Our mission is to transform lives through theatre.
We engage with disadvantaged communities where opportunities are lacking, because we can see the benefits that participatory theatre can bring to them.
We champion untold stories and are experts in engaging with hard-to-reach individuals and communities; we bring their voices to the forefront through theatre and other art forms to improve wellbeing and support them to fulfill their potential.
Our vision is a society where everyone can engage with the arts to have their voices heard. To achieve this we:
- Facilitate people to tell their stories
- Nurture people’s creative impulse
- Respond to the changing needs of communities
- Offer training, support and mentoring
Spare Tyre aims to:
- Nurture people’s creative impulse leading to personal and political fulfilment
- Respond to the changing needs of communities, ensuring good practice
- Facilitate people’s experiences to be explored and validated
- Provide arts management training, support and mentoring
- Assert Spare Tyre as a pioneering, provocative and innovative participatory theatre company
Established: May 1977
Registered Charity Number: 273418
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 3
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 02086924446
Address: Spare Tyre SE8 4AGView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
The Garden: immersive, inclusive theatre showAccessing arts is known to improve wellbeing. People with dementias are often isolated and... More