The Lullaby Trust
The Lullaby Trust
The Lullaby Trust provides expert advice on safer sleep for babies, supports bereaved families and raises awareness on sudden infant death.
Every year, here in the UK, over 500 babies - the majority of whom appear to be perfectly healthy - will die suddenly and unexpectedly. Although some of these can be explained after investigation, many cannot.
All are individual tragedies.
We want to stop all unexpected deaths of babies and young children and have played a pivotal role in reducing sudden infant deaths in the UK by over 79% since we were formed.
- provide specialist support for bereaved families and promote expert advice on safer baby sleep.
- work with the NHS to run a national health-visitor led service for bereaved parents, Care of Next Infant (CONI) programme, which supports families before and after the birth of their new baby.
- are committed to supporting research to understand why babies die suddenly and unexpectedly and to find out more about how to prevent these tragic deaths.
- runs an information line for parents and professionals (0808 802 6869) and a dedicated support line for bereaved families (0808 802 6868).
- campaign tirelessly, lobbying government to keep sudden infant death on the public health agenda.
The Lullaby Trust aims to:
- Ensure that all parents, healthcare professionals, and others in close contact with families are aware of the most up-to-date, evidence-based advice on safer sleep for babies.
- Help families who experience the sudden and shocking loss of a baby, providing immediate, practical support in the form of advice and guidance.
- Work with the NHS we run a national health-visitor led service for bereaved parents, Care of Next Infant (CONI) programme, which supports families before and after the birth of their new baby.
- Fund cutting-edge research which has made a major contribution to reducing sudden infant death by 79%. We continue to work towards a time when we understand much more about what causes these deaths.
Established: April 1971
Registered Charity Number: 262191
Board members: 13
Full time staff: 15
Part time staff: 16
Phone number: 07977411446
Address: 12 The Glebe BR7 5PXView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Supporting families whose baby or toddler has diedEach week, 10 families are devastated by the sudden and unexpected death of a seemingly he... More