Mango Tree Goa
Mango Tree Goa
We are a UK registered charity supporting disadvantaged children and young people in Goa, India regardless of their religion, class, caste or gender.
We are a UK registered children's charity supporting disadvantaged children and young people in Goa, India. The charity is administered entirely voluntarily which means more of donor's money is available to fund our projects in Goa.
Our overall objective is to break the cycle of poverty of disadvantaged children and young people in Goa. We believe that education can transform lives. We focus on educational support but we know good health and nutrition are all essential to a child's chances of success at school and we therefore provide meals and healthcare too. We support around 360 children Monday to Friday through out projects at Mango House near Mapusa, Colva and Chimbel. We also fund a school bag and school uniform scheme which provides hundreds of uniforms and bags each year.
You can read more about our work at www. Mangotreegoa. Org. You can find us on facebook at www. Facebook. Com/mangotreegoacharity
Mango Tree Goa aims to:
- To work with families to encourage them to send children to school and to discourage child labour.
- To encourage children's self confidence and self respect and support them to reach their full potential.
- To provide meals and healthcare for disadvantaged children to help ensure they are fit and healthy and to increase their chances of success at school.
- To give children the chance to break the cycle of poverty by the providing pre-primary education, afterschool tuition and necessary school items such as uniforms, school bags and stationery supplie
- To help ensure children have the chance to act like children and have the chance to play.
Established: June 2012
Registered Charity Number: 1148049
Board members: 3
Phone number: 07917198874
Address: The Derwen, Royston Rd, Cudworth, Barnsley, South Yorkshire S72 8BPView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
The Mango House ProjectThis project will fund a programme of education, nutrition and healthcare to disadvantaged... More