Abigail's Footsteps aims to become the leading national charity focussed on Stillbirth Bereavement.
To promote the health and wellbeing and to relieve the suffering of parents and their families, friends and carers in Great Britain and Northern Ireland who suffer a bereavement through stillbirth or neonatal death.
To advance the knowledge and expertise of midwives and other healthcare professionalsin supporting and dealing with the effects of such a death on the bereaved by funding Bereavement Training.
The Charity has the following powers (along with many general powers), which may be exercised only in promoting the Objects:
• By making the best use of hospital architecture and layout, funding sensitively designed delivery rooms located away from maternity wards in each of Britain’s maternity units and changing staff practices and standard operating procedures to improve the mother and family’s experience.
• Campaigning for and the funding where appropriate of the necessary equipment in each maternity unit to preserve a stillborn baby until at least the day after the mother’s discharge from hospital.
Abigail's Footsteps aims to:
- By making the best use of hospital architecture and layout, funding sensitively designed delivery rooms located away from maternity wards in each on Britain’s maternity units.
- To offer every Midwife in Great Britain and Northern Ireland the opportunity to access Bereavement Training.
- By ensuring that the necessary equipment is in place in each maternity unit to preserve a stillborn baby until at least the day after the mother’s discharge from hospital.
Established: September 2012
Registered Charity Number: 1149005
Board members: 10
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 07738 219119
Address: C/o Unit ( Spectrum Business Centre Anthony's Way Rochester Kent ME2 4NPView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Stillbirth Beravement Training for MidwivesStillbirth is one of the most devastating of losses and in the UK alone 17 babies are stil... More