Only Connect UK
Only Connect UK
Only Connect is a registered crime prevention charity for prisoners, ex-offenders and at-risk youth.
We see these individuals as an asset, not a liability for London.
Only Connect’s mission is to Londoners, especially those at risk of involvement in crime.
We seek to deliver programmes that intervene at every stage of the cycle of crime – from the child in trouble at school to the hardened repeat offender, from the family to prison and everywhere in between.
We work on a ‘strengths’ not a ‘deficit’ basis – seeking to identify the passion and potential in our clients, rather than focusing exclusively on their failures or needs.
Because we recognise the power of peer culture, we work to create positive relationships for ex-offenders and youth at risk, building communities and helping young people to think about their networks and associations.
Organisationally, we work as a group of programmes, sharing resources and strategic leadership – keeping small in a big team, so that the work can remain grounded and relational while management is professional and funding is sustainable.
Only Connect UK aims to:
- produce high-quality art for external audiences inspired, performed or produced by OC members, reflecting their lives, dreams and reality.
- provide a youth intervention project through consisting of a Level 2 qualification and creative training, working with high risk young people and creating a new generation of leaders.
- reach offenders in custody in London prisons and Young Offender Institutions through providing creative training in line with accredited courses which equips individuals with employable skills.
- utilise the skills and experiences of OC’s ex-offender members to deliver high-energy, high-impact interactive workshops to at-risk-youth to address negative attitudes and behaviours.
- provide a drop in centre based in Kings Cross which provides members with education, employment support, therapeutic services, sign-posting to access services, and tasters in the arts.
Established: January 2006
Registered Charity Number: 1116147
Board members: 3
Full time staff: 21
Part time staff: 4
Phone number: 0203 642 2345
Address: York House 207-211 Pentonville Road London N1 9UZView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website