Universal Board Games
Universal Board Games
To increase social interaction and improve educational skills by bringing families / communities together through the use of organised play and board games as a vehicle for change, within deprived areas of the UK.
• To advance the education of the general public by providing workshops, developing and producing games.
• To promote social inclusion for the public benefit by preventing people from becoming socially excluded, through creative design and play to integrate into society.
• To enable organised play and board games to boost educational achievement
• To increase self confidence and boost self esteem
• To assist communities to further develop their communication skills, decision making, team building and objective thinking
• To enable interaction in a fun and playful environment
• To facilitate organised play and board games for local communities and groups
• To work with specific communities and enable better dialogue within their organisations and with their service users
• To develop and design specific bespoke games commissioned by groups to tackle issues that concern them and translate their ideas into practical fun designs and playable games
• Advancement of Education by developing mental, physical, creative and moral capabilities through leisure time activities with and in the fields of Education/training, arts, culture, recreation, children, young people, general public, heritage, community development, environment.
• Community capacity building to develop the capacity and skills of the members of socially and economically disadvantaged communities and families of the UK
• Resource for young people
• Promoting activities to foster understanding between people from diverse backgrounds.
• Create safe places for communities to interact in a positive way.
• Enable a positive dialogue between community groups and decision makers. Giving disadvantaged groups a voice by representing their ideas in an accessible format.
Universal Board Games aims to:
- To advance the education of the general public in particular but not exclusively by providing workshops, developing and producing games.
- To promote social inclusion for the public benefit by preventing people from becoming socially excluded, relieving the needs of those people who are socially excluded and assisting them through creative design and play to integrate into society.
Established: February 2013
Registered Charity Number: 1150917
Board members: 3
Phone number: 07981 589 936
Address: Universal Board Games Unit B7, 3 Bradbury Street, Hackney, London UK N16 8JNView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Mobile Summer PlaydaysUBG will take its successful model of summer playdays from Robin Hood Garden and deliver i... More
Strong Playful Families Successful ChildrenUBG will deliver an innovative project into the bonding effects of children and families p... More
Smart Club Play daysUBG will provide access to Holiday Play for local children from low income families living... More
Transforming lives through PlayUBG will deliver interactive workshops to staff and young people in schools, youth clubs, ... More
Communities Playing for Positive ProgressHarnessing the power of Play to break down barriers and build community cohesion. Creating... More