We are a Christian based charity supporting the projects of partners in Malawi who create communities, relive poverty, care for orphans and bring fresh water, food and education to those in need.
Our charity’s purposes, as set out in our governing document – the company’s Memorandum of Association, are
• To advance the Christian faith primarily but not exclusively by providing financial and other such support as may be deemed necessary for proclaiming the Christian gospel in Malawi and such other countries as the directors may from time to time determine and by the enabling and training of disciples of Jesus Christ in such countries.
• To alleviate poverty and suffering wherever possible and in whatever form it is found in such countries and in particular to offer assistance to vulnerable people (as defined by the constitutions of such countries) as an expression of such Christian gospel.
The aims of the charity are to help people who wish to be better citizens and to embrace sustainable behaviours and to reduce suffering caused by poverty and lack of knowledge, primarily in Malawi but possibly in other countries too.
SaltMalawi Trust aims to:
- To create communities and support through the advancement of Christianity
- To bring relief to those in need by funding water, food and orphan programmes
- To enable people to increase their standard of living through education
Established: July 2010
Registered Charity Number: 1139160
Board members: 6
Phone number: 01386 841187
Address: WestWinds Hoo Lane Chipping Campden Gloucestershire GL55 6AZView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website