We believe in a better world for all: healthy, safe and inclusive; providing sustainable economic opportunities and prosperity through effective and fair use of resources; caring for our environment.
Signpost International is a UK- based international development agency with a Christian basis: we fight poverty and the causes of poverty in disadvantaged communities around the world.
We work with people based only on their need and capacity for change, not taking into account any other factors such as ethnicity, faith or their lack of it.
Our aim is to help people and communities make a reality their:
- right to secure shelter
- right to an education
- right to sanitation and access to clean water
- right to a voice in shaping decisions that affect them
Signpost currently works with poor communities in the Philippines, India, Uganda and in the UK, offering empowerment and support to bring about community driven change.
Through skills training and small business start up, programmes to help provide sources of sustainable, year-round food supplies, the provision of clean water and electricity, child sponsorship to support education, community education in healthcare issues and small scale environmental projects, we are seeing thousands of lives transformed for the better each year.
Signpost International aims to:
- Work through co-operation and partnership. People living in poverty are the true experts on the realities of poverty, we therefore tailor our work according to their voice and their concerns.
- Empower and mobilise poor communities so that they can free themselves from poverty. We affirm the existing skills and knowledge of these communities, and they are active participants for change.
- Change the lives of individuals, and the environment in which they live. We therefore work through community development, helping to improve living conditions and create lasting change.
Established: July 1996
Phone number: 01382 660072
Address: Signpost International The Mark Henderson Centre Ann Street Dundee DD3 7THView charity accounts on the Scottish Charity Commission website