Kids Inspire works with children who have suffered trauma, neglect or abuse to reconnect with both themselves and society. We increase feelings of self-worth resulting in kids’ positively influencing
Kids Inspire helps children and young people age 0-25 across Essex who are disadvantaged because they are/have been victim to trauma and mental health problems including:
- Distress, abuse or neglect (e. G. Rape; bereavement; bullying)
- Behavioural or psychological difficulties (diagnosed/emerging mental health illness, e. G. Eating disorder; depression)
Such experiences can trigger:
- school truancy
- criminal activity
- disrespect for relationships
- decline in academic performance
- lack of interest in previous hobbies/friendships
- disregard for own appearance
- substance abuse
The longer left untreated, the harder positive intervention will be. When left without help, the disadvantages of these young people intensify. They tend to be confused, afraid and display negative behaviours that demonstrate their lack of self-worth. Such behaviours may include: self-harming; dressing promiscuously; shop lifting and refusing to attend school.
Kids Inspire's goal is to increase the self-worth of the individual, enabling them to start working towards fulfilling their potential, choosing to take a fuller and happier role in society (e. G. Improved school attendance or application for employment).
Kids Inspire aims to:
- We provide a high level of expertise in meeting the needs of young people and children. We have over 100 years of combined professional experience in providing family therapy, mental health services, arts therapies, psychotherapy and therapeutic and relational social work to complex families. We also have access to local volunteers with a huge variety of experience and skills.
Established: December 2007
Registered Charity Number: 1129513
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 5
Part time staff: 29
Phone number: 01245348707
Address: Kids Inspire Fox Crescent,Chelmsford CM1 2BLView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Re-claiming Lives of Children & Young PeopleReclaiming Lives will provide counselling, therapy and practical support to young people w... More