Street Child is a UK charity, established in 2008, that aims to create educational opportunity for some of the most vulnerable children in West Africa.
Together with our local partners, the charity has grown since 2008 from one project for 100 children in Northern Sierra Leone, to one of the most broad-reaching charities currently working in the region with 30 projects in multiple countries.
Street Child's principal focus is upon empowering children by giving them the chance to go to school and giving their families the wherewithal to keep them there.
Street Child aims to:
- To promote social and economic development by providing income-generation support to the poorest families.
- To help the most vulnerable children realise their potential by supporting them from the street into education.
- To increase access to quality education to the greatest number of deprived children
- To vigorously promote the rights of children at all levels, from the local community to international, and support the development of education and social welfare.
- The charity started radically scaling up its Ebola response in August 2014 and is seeking donor support to further increase its efforts for the most vulnerable.
Established: December 2008
Registered Charity Number: 1128536
Full time staff: 6
Part time staff: 4
Phone number: 02076147690
Address: 42-44 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4AHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Street Child Ebola Crisis AppealStreet Child has been responding to Ebola since the first cases appeared in Spring 2014 bu... More