Kidneys for Life
Kidneys for Life
If you knew the half of it! The needles. The nausea. The headaches. The cramps. The body shocking dialysis. The cycles of sickness. The stress. The insomnia. The insecurity. The swelling. The fear. The thirst. The broken dreams. The boredom. The life sentence that is chronic kidney disease
You’d be shocked!
Together we can do something about it.
Together we can fund vital research into kidney disease.
Help Make it Happen for Kidneys for Life to raise funds for vital research into kidney
The Manchester Institute of Nephrology and Transplantation (MINT) was established in 1998 as the research and development arm of renal medicine and transplantation within the Manchester Royal Infirmary. In 1965 the MRI was one of the first centres to offer dialysis and in 1968 started its kidney transplantation programme. The development of both nephrology (the treatment of kidney disease) and transplantation services have established Manchester Royal Infirmary as the largest provider of renal services in the UK. The funding for MINT is raised through Kidneys for Life, a registered charity which is independent of the NHS.
The overall aims and objectives of Kidneys for Life are.
• To undertake, promote, develop and encourage research of the kidney and urinary tract and research into treatment of such diseases and to publish the useful results thereof
• The relief of sickness by the provision of amenities for patients of Manchester Royal Infirmary Renal Unit
• To provide financial assistance for patients of the Manchester Royal Infirmary Renal Unit
• To undertake, promote and develop treatment of persons suffering from diseases of the kidney and urinary tract
• To raise awareness of kidney and urinary tract disease
Kidneys for Life aims to:
- THE RELIEF OF SICKNESS BY THE PROVISION OF AMENITIES AND MEDICAL EQUIPMENT FOR PATIENTS OF MANCHESTER ROYAL INFIRMARY, ROYAL MANCHESTER CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL AND SALFORD ROYAL HOSPITAL RENAL UNITS
Established: May 1976
Registered Charity Number: 505256
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 3
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 0161 276 6671
Address: Renal Research Labs, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WLView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Research into Protein Losing Kidney DiseaseThe kidneys are responsible for removing waste products from the blood and keeping protein... More