DangerPoint is a children's safety education charity that teaches essential life skills to children young people and vulnerable adults across the north Wales and north West regions
DangerPoint is a purpose-built interactive education centre, which aims to educate children, young people and other communities across North Wales about how to avoid risks and stay safe. Based in Flintshire and serving all of North Wales, DangerPoint’s target is to teach all Primary School children in Years 5 and 6 in North Wales about safety and life-skills via a structured tour of the centre.
The DangerPoint centre is designed to be at the highest level of quality and attention to detail, and is fully accessible, bilingual and interactive. The scenarios cover all the environments a child might find themselves at risk in. They include a house with kitchen, bathroom and garden, a building site, park, electricity substation, dark alley, bus station, train carriage and track, farm, mountain and reservoir, beach and water, road with pelican crossing, internet, mobile phone, shop and driving simulator. These are all realistically built in a similar manner to a film set.
DangerPoint aims to:
- To increase individuals awareness of risks in the environment, enabling them to make informed choices about their safety, health and well being.
- To ensure the DangerPoint experience has a long term beneficial impact upon children and young people and families.
- Promotion and dissemination of best safety practice in partnership with North Wales Fire and Rescue Service, North Wales Police, BHP Billiton Ltd and Welsh Ambulance Service Trust and other statutor
- Support the Personal and Social Health Education Curriculum In Wales and the implementation of policy in the fields of Road Safety, Community Safety, Health and Wellbeing by partnership with the Wel
- To become a recognised UK wide centre of excellence in all aspects of safety, health and well being.
Established: October 2005
Registered Charity Number: 1110156
Board members: 12
Full time staff: 5
Part time staff: 12
Phone number: 01745 850414
Address: Granary Court Business ParkStation RdTalacreFlintshire CH8 9RLView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website