Nepacs is a long-standing north east charity which aims to promote a positive future for prisoners and their relatives by supporting family ties at every stage of the criminal justice system.
We offer a warm welcome at six north east prison visitors’ centres, in the visits hall, and by providing one:one family support casework. We ensure that children have a positive experience of visiting prison, and in addition to staffing play areas we organise special family days with craft, food and games
To support prisoners and ex-prisoners, their families and friends; to reduce the impact and stigma of imprisonment on their lives and contribute to the positive rehabilitation of offenders.
NEPACS aims to:
- Support and assist prisoners, families and friends of prisoners in their visits to the prison and in their life outside the prison
- Ensure that children visiting relatives in prison will feel welcome and find the experience as pleasant as possible
- Relieve hardship due to the poverty of some offenders and their families
- Support the education and training of offenders, and other processes which may assist their rehabilitation
- Raise public awareness through the collection and publication of information relating to criminal justice matters and to the prevention of crime.
Established: August 2001
Registered Charity Number: 1088051
Board members: 15
Full time staff: 14
Part time staff: 66
Phone number: 1913757278
Address: 20, Old Elvet, Durham DH1 3HWView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Special family visits for prisoners' childrenIt can be tough for children with a parent in prison. Nepacs volunteers support families ... More