TLG supports children and young people who have been excluded from school or are at a crisis point in their education.
TLG exists to offer hope and a second chance to young people who have been excluded from school or are at risk of exclusion.
TLG provide OFSTED-registered alternative education and behaviour coaching to those struggling to behavioural issues or in need of extra support.
The children and young people we work with have often experienced issues such as bereavement, family breakdown, neglect, abuse and other distressing situations, often victims of circumstances beyond their control. We work through Education Centres and Early Intervention.
Our aim is to work with each young person to enable them to:
- Recognise their worth and potential as an individual: This is promoted through celebrating achievements, after-school mentoring, residentials and through our family support work.
- Learn and achieve to the best of their ability through close support: We do this by committing to engaging 9 young people with 3 staff members per group. Young people complete qualifications and modules necessary to return to school or onto further education.
- Integrate back into mainstream education or further learning: TLG currently has a 96% success rate in this.
Our Early Intrervention programme works in partnership with local churches and communities to provide one to one behavioural coaching in Primary schools.
TLG aims to:
- To provide education for young people who have been excluded or are at crisis point in their education, increasing their employability and challenging negative behaviour.
- To provide one-to-one behavioural coaching to children who are identified by their primary school as struggling to engage in education due to behavioural problems.
Established: January 1998
Registered Charity Number: 1074114
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 41
Phone number: 01274 900385
Address: TLG National Support Centre, Hope Park, Bradford BD5 8HHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
The TLG Christmas AppealWe aim to raise £50,000 to set up sixty-five new early intervention centres and coach tho... More