Every 10 minutes a patient in this local area is diagnosed or treated with equipment funded by Scannappeal in the past – please help us continue our work for the future.
Scannappeal raises funds to purchase life-saving equipment for Amersham, Stoke Mandeville, Wycombe and Community Hospitals which serve people living in Buckinghamshire and neighbouring parts of Berkshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Oxfordshire. Every 10 minutes a patient from this area benefits from equipmet funded by Scannappeal in the past.
Current Appeals include:
* The Cancer Fighting Fund (£140,000) - the current phase is for a C-arm fluoroscope to detect and treat cancers of the digestive tract. 1,000 patients a year will benefit from this equipment.
* The Sound Appeal (£75,000) for advanced diagnostic equipment to treat people with hearing problems. 5,000 patients a year will benefit from this equipment.
* The Laser Heart Appeal (£250,000) for a range of equipment, including a specialist laser, to improve the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease. 10,000 patients a year will benefit from this equipment.
* Digital & 3D Breast Screening Appeal (£500,000) for digital & 3D breast screening equipment to substantially improve the diagnosis of early breast cancer. 23,000 patients a year will benefit from this equipment.
Scannappeal aims to:
- Provide advance medical equipment for local patients.
Established: March 1987
Registered Charity Number: 296291
Phone number: 01494 734161
Address: Scannappeal Office, Amersham Hospital, Whielden Street, Amersham, Bucks HP7 0JDView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website