Multiple Sclerosis Trust
Multiple Sclerosis Trust
The MS Trust is a UK charity which believes no-one should have to manage MS alone. We provide trusted information and support to help people with MS live the best life possible; train and educate MS health professionals to offer the best care and fund MS nurses in areas of greatest need.
The MS Trust works hard to make sure that the estimated 100,000 people living with multiple sclerosis (MS) today are able to live the best life possible. Our goal is to ensure that people with MS (PwMS) have the information they need to make well informed decisions about their healthcare and have access to specialist services of the highest standard. We achieve our objectives by :
• providing free, evidence-based information about MS. Our information specialists answer individual queries and produce written and web based resources to ensure that people can access the information they need.
• training health professionals. Our education programmes comprise a twice-yearly 5 day
Development Module, accredited by Birmingham City University and attended by every new-in-post MS Specialist Nurse; a 2-day working conference attended by 250 MS specialists each year, and mini on-line tutorials for therapists in MS.
• working to secure specialist services for PwMS. We have identified areas where there is the poorest provision of services and are pump priming the funding of some MS specialist nurses.
funding practical research to improve the lives of people living with MS now.
Multiple Sclerosis Trust aims to:
- Providing free, evidence-based information. Our information team answer individual queries and produce written and web based resources to ensure that people can access the information they need.
- Training health professionals.
- Working to secure specialist services for people with MS. We have identified areas with the poorest provision of services and are pump priming funding for some MS specialist nurses.
- Practical research to improve the lives of people living with MS now.
Established: October 1993
Registered Charity Number: 1088353
Board members: 9
Full time staff: 26
Part time staff: 6
Phone number: 01462 476700
Address: MS TrustSpirella BuildingBridge RoadLetchworth Garden CityHerts SG6 4ETView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
The Enquiry ServiceWe provide a human voice and an ear to listen for those people that contact us when they o... More
A new interactive MS Trust websiteReplacement of the MS Trust's popular but outdated website with a new site fully enabled f... More
What people newly diagnosed with MS need to knowStructured research to find our how our charity can improve the way we help people newly d... More