The SOFII Foundation
The SOFII Foundation
SOFII is building a timeless, online encyclopaedia that will provide future generations of fundraisers with the knowledge and inspiration they need to raise more funds for their important causes
SOFII – the Showcase of Fundraising Innovation and Inspiration – seeks to provide charitable fundraisers everywhere with a free, comprehensive, easily accessible archive of the best fundraising creativity from around the world. The SOFII site is a permanently available extensive interactive site. All the information on SOFII has been compiled to inform, guide and help fundraisers when preparing their own fundraising strategies, campaigns and promotions. In this way SOFII aims to improve fundraising practice everywhere for the benefit of fundraisers, donors and the organisations and causes they all serve.
In its first year,
• SOFII users made 40,000 visits to the site.
• 160,000 pages of information were accessed.
• More than 4,000 new users registered. There are now more than 4600 registered users.
• SOFII has worldwide reach. Registrants come mainly from the USA, the UK, Australia and continental Europe, but also from Kenya, Chile, Moldova, Myanmar, Ethiopia, South Africa, Argentina, Russia, Thailand, India, Czech Republic, Hungary... Well, now it would probably be easier to list the diminishing tally of countries where SOFII doesn’t have a presence.
• SOFII is gathering momentum. New users have been growing at the rate of more than a hundred each week and new exhibits and articles are constantly being added.
The SOFII Foundation aims to:
- SOFII is building a unique, permanent, easily accessible archive of effective fundraising from around the world - available for free so that all fundraisers can raise money for their important causes.
Established: January 2008
Registered Charity Number: 1124743
Board members: 7
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 07918981223
Address: 567 Ben Jonson House, The Barbican, London EC2Y 8NHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website