Mousetrap Theatre Projects
Mousetrap Theatre Projects
We open the doors to London’s outstanding theatre to disadvantaged young people and those with special needs, through theatre trips and education projects designed to engage and inspire.
We believe passionately in the power of theatre to transform young lives. We think that all young people should have the opportunity to attend outstanding theatre, irrespective of their cultural, social or economic background. Our mission is to give disadvantaged young people access to London's best live theatre and engage creatively with that experience.
We reach over 12,000 children and young people each year through 18 programmes for schools, youth groups and families which
• Break down barriers - financial, practical and social - which prevent young people from enriching their lives through the arts.
• Expand and challenge young minds – theatre immerses us in lives and situations beyond our daily experience, helping to make us inquisitive, open-minded and creative human beings.
• Use drama to build confidence, self-esteem and aspiration – especially in young people experiencing deprivation and difficult personal circumstances.
• Provide uplifting, joyful theatre experiences - to families, children and young people facing the challenges of living with special needs and disabilities or on a low-income.
• Nurture creativity - through education projects in schools, targeting those with a high % of students on free school meals, which connect classroom learning directly to careers.
• Broaden Horizons - while many theatres work within their own community, we bring young people who rarely leave their local area into London’s centre for their theatre visit.
Mousetrap Theatre Projects aims to:
- Open Doors: to young people who have never been to the theatre before, specifically those with limited resources, support or a disability.
- Creative Learning: use theatre as an educational resource in and out of the classroom to stimulate creative work and develop personal and theatre-related skills.
- Inspire Future Theatregoers - encourage young audiences, enhancing their knowledge and appreciation of theatre and helping them make theatre-going an ongoing, inspiring part of their lives.
Established: May 1997
Registered Charity Number: 1053434
Board members: 10
Full time staff: 8
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 020 7632 4120
Address: 33 Shaftesbury Avenue London W1D 7EHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Mousetrap Summer of TheatreOver the summer holidays we will provide families and young people with opportunities to a... More
Theatre Trips for SchoolsEach year we bring 6,000 students from state secondary mainstream and special schools to s... More
Mousetrap Creative LearningOur 7 school education programmes use theatre to enhance the curriculum and teach new pers... More