Cumbria Wildlife Trust
Cumbria Wildlife Trust
Cumbria Wildlife Trust is the only voluntary organisation devoted solely to the conservation of the wildlife & environment of Cumbria.
Set up in 1962, we've been protecting wildlife for over 55 years
Cumbria Wildlife Trust is the only voluntary organisation devoted solely to the conservation of the wildlife and wildplaces of Cumbria. We aim to rebuild biodiversity and engage people with the natural environment by being active in local communities and an influential wildlife champion.
Cumbria has the greatest diversity of semi-natural habitat of any county in England. Whilst it is well known for its lakes and mountains, the county also contains some of the best examples of limestone pavement, extensive wetlands, flower-rich grasslands, ancient woodlands and coastal habitats in the country. We are committed to creating whole landscapes that are rich in wildlife to safeguard threatened species and habitats.
We have all had experience and enjoyment of the natural world in one-way or another. If you, like us, believe it is important to leave a thriving natural world for future generations, please consider a gift to Cumbria Wildlife Trust. Your gift could fund:
* Projects that help Cumbria's most endangered species
* The purchase of nature reserves and the protection of important habitats
* The work of a vast network of volunteers in practical conservation work
* Projects to encourage community involvement
* Efforts to champion wildlife at a local and national level
Collaboration is vital to achieving effective conservation. At the heart of our continuing success is the support & action of our membership and volunteers.
Cumbria Wildlife Trust aims to:
- To protect and improve the wildlife and wildlplaces of Cumbria.
- To inspire people and to get them passionate and active to do their bit for wildlife.
- To ensure wildlife thrives in Cumbria for the benefit of future generations by reversing the loss of species and habitats which has happened over the last 50 years.
Established: May 1962
Registered Charity Number: 218711
Board members: 11
Full time staff: 30
Part time staff: 12
Phone number: 01539 816300
Address: Cumbria Wildlife Trust Plumgarths Crook Road Kendal Cumbria LA8 8LXView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Gosling Sike FarmGosling Sike Farm delivers a busy programme of education for schools in Cumbria promoting ... More
Foulshaw Moss Flagship Nature ReserveTo make this wetland an even better place for wildlife, nature & the environment. Restor... More
Help to project our seas and its marine lifeWe aspire to achieve a healthy undersea landscape teeming with healthy marine wildlife. ... More
Donate £100 and secure £1000 for our wildlifeWith your help we can secure funding to enable a number of projects to project our amazing... More
Cumbrian Nature ReservesTo create bigger and better havens for wildlife