WORKAID collects, refurbishes and then provides tools & equipment to enable disadvantaged people in East Africa and the UK to learn a skilled trade and earn a living.
At Workaid we tackle poverty by supplying disadvantaged people with the tools they need to acquire practical skills and become self supporting.
- That self-help is a key driver of sustainable development
- In the re-use and re-cycling of our world’s resources
- Voluntary work is a foundation stone for positive development
- In the practice of non-discrimination, respect and equality of opportunity for all.
Tools and equipment are collected from all over the UK, refurbished and sent to vocational training projects and self-help groups, mostly in East Africa and in the UK.
Workaid aims to:
- WORKAID aims to work with disadvantaged communities to promote self sufficiency and help break the cycle of poverty.
Established: April 1986
Registered Charity Number: 1041574
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 4
Phone number: 01494 775220
Address: The Old Boot Factory71,Townsend RoadChesham HP5 2AAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Zambia prisoner rehabilitation - round 2Workaid will provide tools to vocational training projects in prisons, to enable prisoners... More
Female Skill Development in Slum Communities.WORKAID in partnership with YWCA Nairobi will assist pre-assessed community, self-help & v... More
Workaid - Skills Development in Uganda 2011The aim is to tackle poverty by improving the livelihoods of disadvantaged groups of peopl... More