Ubaka U Rwanda
Ubaka U Rwanda
Ubaka U Rwanda is a Christian charity committed to turning around the lives of Rwandan children and young people who are living on the streets.
Our mission is to help some of the thousands of homeless children and young people in Rwanda’s capital, Kigali driven onto the streets by the combined effect of the 1994 genocide, rural poverty, and conflicts within families.
We founded a centre in 2008 that provides a desperately needed home for young people who have been orphaned, neglected or left in difficult situations. The centre provides shelter, education and guidance and works towards the ultimate aim of helping these young people live a self sufficient life.
We believe that everybody has a right to a life that can be lived. Not just survived.
Ubaka U Rwanda aims to:
- Meet basic needs: food, clothing, sanitation, medical care, discipleship and protection from harm and provide shelter through accommodation at the center.
- Provide emotional support.
- Assist with education, skill based training and work.
- Assist with reconciliation with families where possible.
- Enable step-by-step progression being sensitive to individual needs.
Established: September 2008
Registered Charity Number: 1126500
Full time staff: 2
Phone number: 07951431639
Address: 1A CHURCH CLOSE EDGWARE HA8 9NSView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Giving Street Children a Future Through EducationGiving Rwandan street youth a way off the streets through access to education. This covers... More
Shoes for Street Children in RwandaWe are planning to get each boy at our centre a new pair of shoes to be part of their scho... More
Helping Street Children in RwandaEvery month Ubaka U Rwanda has to pay for the running costs of our centre which provides a... More