Founded in 1984, Re-Solv has over 30 years’ experience working with volatile substance abuse, and is recognised as the leading UK agency in the field. Together with corporate and government partners, we have been successful in virtually eliminating glue-sniffing, and reducing the annual number of UK deaths caused by VSA by 75% since our foundation.
Re-Solv’s vision is to reduce the harms caused by Volatile Substance Abuse (VSA) and the misuse of other legal substances across the UK by:
• keeping this ever-present and changing form of legal substance misuse in the forefront of policy and public awareness;
• continuing to drive prevention through education and training
• providing support for the individuals, families and communities affected by it
Re-Solv aims to:
- 1. to alleviate the suffering and problems arising from solvent abuse and the abuse of other legal substances in any manner that may be thought fit.
- 2. to advance the education of the public regarding the dangers of such solvent abuse and the abuse of other legal substances.
- 3. to promote and support research into the problems arising from solvent and volatile substance abuse and other legal substances.
Established: October 1984
Registered Charity Number: 326732
Board members: 11
Full time staff: 5
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 01785 817885
Address: 30A High Street ST15 8AWView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website