RIPPLE Africa is a charity focused on the environment, education, and healthcare in the Nkhata Bay District of Malawi, Africa. The charity believes in providing a hand UP, not a hand out.
RIPPLE Africa is a UK registered charity focused on the environment, education and healthcare in the Nkhata Bay District of Malawi, Africa. Founded in 2003, our mission is:
• To preserve and sustainably develop the environment
• To improve the standard of education and healthcare
• To create opportunities for the local communities in the Nkhata Bay District of Malawi
RIPPLE Africa’s ethos is “providing a hand up and not a hand out,” and we work by finding simple solutions to locally identified problems and empower local communities to secure a sustainable future.
Our projects are:
• Environmental - which include fish conservation, forest conservation, tree-planting and fuel-efficient cook stoves
• Educational - running eight pre-schools, supporting five primary schools, have built a secondary school, run a scholarship scheme for secondary/college/university tuition, a community library, and adult literacy project
• Health – we have built a community health dispensary and run a disabilities and rehabilitation project.
RIPPLE Africa aims to:
- RIPPLE Africa is committed to all projects in the long term; everything we do is led by the local people, operating at a grassroots level, involving the community in all all aspects.
Established: June 2003
Registered Charity Number: 1103256
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 4
Phone number: 01280 822891
Address: Whiteleaf Business Centre 11 Little Balmer Buckingham Bucks MK18 1TFView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Building Kapanda Secondary SchoolIn cooperation with the District Education Office, the local Chiefs and the local MP, RIPP... More