Our vision is to support and empower the most vulnerable and at-risk women and young people to live healthy, safe and whole lives, free from addiction, poverty and sexual exploitation.
We have two main areas of work 1) Women's services & 2) Youth & community services
1. WOMEN’S SERVICES:
This works spans 2 main areas
• SEXUAL EXPLOITATION: We reach out assertively to women who are sexually exploited – we protect, rescue and help with recovery & rehabilitation.
• ADDICTION: We reach out to young women engaged in high levels of drinking/drug use. We build relationships, offering hope, and motivating them to begin to address their life-controlling issues. We also a programme of psychosocial interventions aimed at dealing with some of the root causes of addiction.
2. YOUTH AND COMMUNITIES - RISE (Reach, Inspire, Support & Empower) We run a multi-disciplinary youth and communities project aimed at improving health, wellbeing and safety of at risk and vulnerable young people and families in Stockton. This encompasses four core elements:
We employ a dedicated family case worker who works with families where there are children at risk of exclusion, addiction or exploitation. They offer support, advice and targeted programmes.
•ONE TO ONE
We offer one to one counselling and/or mentoring to young people who are at risk of exclusion, addiction or trafficking
We run community based hubs, reaching either young people or families providing social activities, advice, food, support and referral
We run a various programmes aimed at tackling underlying root causes, behavioural problems and family breakdown
AWAYOUT aims to:
- • An increase in hard to reach and vulnerable women and young people accessing health, well-being and mental health services
- • An improvement in health and wellbeing of vulnerable women, young people and families
- • A reduction in the number of women experiencing harm through prostitution and sexual exploitation
- • A reduction in poverty amongst at-risk women, young people and families
Established: June 2002
Registered Charity Number: 1137535
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 8
Part time staff: 12
Phone number: 01642 655071
Address: 1 - 2 Castlegate Quay, The Riverside Stockton on Tees TS18 1BZView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
A WAY OUT (At-risk Women And Youth OUTreach)Our vision is that women and young people should be free to live healthy, whole and safe l... More