Life Cycle UK
Life Cycle UK
Our services include:
Supportive group rides for people with mental ill health and for people aged 55 and over.
Group tandem rides for blind and disabled people.
Cycle training for adults and children
'Dr Bike' workshops to help people keep their bikes roadworthy
Bike Maintenance courses to teach people skills to maintain bikes in safe working order.
Bike activities for disadvantaged young people
Bike recycling to give those on low incomes access to free second-hand bikes.
Life Cycle aims to increase everyday cycling of people of all ages and backgrounds for the benefit of their health and the environment.
We encourage and enable people to cycle by providing tailored advice, information, training and hands-on support so that they can overcome barriers that prevent them from giving cycling a go.
We also offer practical, targeted support to individuals with disabilities, mental health illness, offenders, isolated older people and disadvantaged young people through a range of “Inclusive Cycling Projects”.
Life Cycle UK aims to:
- Help people to boost their health and wellbeing by cycling more often.
- Lift people out of transport poverty by giving them access to an affordable bike and free cycle training.
- Reduce loneliness and isolation in over-55s, blind people and people with mental ill health through our supportive group bike rides.
- Contribute to cleaner air and less congestion by encouraging more people to cycle.
- Save bikes from landfill be recycling them and selling them at affordable prices to people on low incomes.
Established: September 1999
Registered Charity Number: 1077575
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 17
Phone number: 0117 353 4580
Address: The Create Centre,, Smeaton Road BS1 6XNView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website