DASH is a well established charity supporting Ceredigion disabled children and young people, along with their families, by offering quality play and leisure opportunities in a variety of contexts.
DASH Aims and Objectives
• To offer age and ability appropriate leisure schemes for disabled children and young people.
• To involve young disabled people and their siblings in constructive alternatives to staying at home.
• To assist young disabled people to access the local community and use community facilities.
• To enable young disabled people to improve their confidence and help them practice their social skills.
• To encourage young disabled people to play a part in their communities and wider society by raising their awareness of their rights and responsibilities.
• To provide short breaks for the family, parents and carers during the children's holidays and leisure time.
• To harness and direct the enthusiasm and energy of local volunteers who assist with the schemes.
• To increase public understanding of the barriers faced by disabled people and their families
• To encourage inclusion of disabled people in the wider community.
• To provide support for all the family as well as fostering mutual co-operation and friendship.
DASH Ceredigion aims to:
- To offer age and ability appropriate leisure schemes for disabled children and young people.
Established: April 1978
Registered Charity Number: 701090
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 15
Phone number: 01545 570951
Address: DASH London House Alban Square Aberaeron Ceredigion SA46 0AJView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website