Deaf Parenting UK
Deaf Parenting UK
DPUK activities aims to support Deaf parents and their families who are experiencing isolation and lack of support around parenting skills. DPUK does this in four main ways:
By developing and delivering evidence-based and accredited parenting courses which take Deaf Parents through a structured programme to address specific issues and topics which enable parents to achieve healthy and positive outcomes for children and young people
By using these courses above to develop Deaf parents as mentors who can provide support to other parents in their own local communities and homes
Providing a range of family activities for Deaf parents and their children to participate in together where parents can gain an increased knowledge of community resources and activities and informally gain confidence and contacts to incorporate these into their daily lives.
Carrying out 1:1 work with Deaf parents and their children where there are specific concerns and needs around parenting skills
Deaf Parenting UK is an organisation which is led by Deaf adults. The aims of DPUK are:
• To support, empower and increase the confidence of Deaf Parents in their parenting role
• To highlight and address gaps in services and support for Deaf parents and their families
• To work with statutory and voluntary sector organisations including Health authorities, Social Care Departments, mainstream parenting agencies and Deaf community organisations to improve access to information and services for Deaf Parents.
Deaf Parenting UK aims to:
- • To support Deaf parents to feel empowered and confident in achieving the best possible outcomes for their children and families
- • To work with various organisations including Health, Social Services, Deaf & mainstream parenting organisations to improve access to information and services for Deaf Parents.
Established: April 2001
Registered Charity Number: 1112453
Board members: 7
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 07919 047 146
Address: Deaf Parenting UK Unit 115, 815 Woolwich Road London SE7 8LJView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website