Autism Concern is an independent charity which supports those affected by Autistic spectrum conditions in Northamptonshire.
Autism Concern is a parent led organisation whose mission is to provide services to people across the autistic spectrum and throughout their lives which will maximise their opportunities and add to the quality of their lives and that of their families and carers. The organisation also seeks to raise public awareness of autism in order that a greater understanding of the condition in the community will relieve the stresses of the person with autism and their carers and in order to raise the vital funds needed to provide current services.
Current services include Activity days for children and Young people across the spectrum, youth groups and community programme, Information Advice and Guidance through free helpline, website and social media and training and awareness programmes for parents and professionals. The voice for Autism in Northamptonshire.
Autism Concern aims to:
- To empower parents/carers and the autistic individual to enable choice, self-advocacy and independence;
- To influence professional opinion and help shape policy in Northamptonshire for the benefit of people on the autistic spectrum and their parents/carers.
- To provide information, guidance, advice and support directly through the provision of services that enhance the lives of all those affected by autism;
- To work with local authorities, health authorities and voluntary organisations to extend existing provision for education, health and social services
- To provide specialised quality services tailored to meet the needs of people with autism, their parents and carers;
Established: March 1991
Registered Charity Number: 1062611
Board members: 6
Full time staff: 3
Part time staff: 4
Phone number: 01604 239404
Address: suite 39-42 Burlington House 369 Wellingborough Road Northampton NN1 4EUView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website