Child Rescue Nepal
Child Rescue Nepal
Child Rescue Nepal, formally The Esther Benjamins Trust has been relieving child suffering through rescuing and rehabilitating child trafficking survivors in Nepal since 1999.
Child Rescue Nepal works for Nepal's most excluded and at risk children. In Nepal, it is estimated that there are almost 100,000 child slaves working in hazardous situations. These children are extremely vulnerable and often suffer from physical, emotional and sexual abuse. CRN rescue children, keep them safe and reunite them with their families.
CRN believes that children belong in families not factories.
- Raised over £5 million for Nepal’s children
- Rescued nearly 800 children and reunited the majority with their families
- Pursued the prosecution of 24 traffickers, helping to jail 14 in Nepal and India
- Supported a case in the High Court against a well-known Nepali trafficker
- Caring for 32 at-risk children in small family-style homes
- Improved education for 50,000 children in 100 schools in a trafficking-prone district, Makwanpur
- Raised £150,000 for earthquake relief in 2015 and delivered immediate aid to remote areas
Child Rescue Nepal aims to:
- We aim to stamp out the trafficking of children by carrying out anti-trafficking work by rescuing children affected as well as community education, teacher training, and improving schools.
Established: September 1999
Registered Charity Number: 1078187
Full time staff: 2
Phone number: 02071830353
Address: 1 EC4N 7HBView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Keeping children safe from traffickersIn the child trafficking-prone district of Makwanpur in Nepal, 370 classrooms were destroy... More
PACT (Programme Against Child Trafficking)PACT involves the direct rescue and rehabilitation of Nepali children who are sold into bo... More
Feed, clothe and educate a Nepali child for a yearWe want to feed, clothe and educate 130 Nepali children for one year. These are children w... More